This post is part of an ongoing series called How Do You ROYO, where we focus on people's food creativity and the way they express their creativity in the kitchen. This week, we talked to Abigail Rapaport, a registered dietitian and creator of @abigailnutrition. Currently based in New York, we talk about her food passion, favorite meals, and what foods make her feel the most confident.
- How did you become so passionate about food and cooking? While in graduate school to become a registered dietitian I took food science courses with a lab (which was in the kitchen). In class, I learned to cook and the chemical reactions that take place during different cooking methods. I would come home from class and recreate recipes. From there I started to get more experimental, more confident and just love putting different flavors and textures together!
- What foods make you feel the most confident? Avocado and Veggies. They not only make me feel great but I love cooking with them! It's hard to mess up cooking vegetables and you can make them totally simple (and still be delicious) or very complex with lots of flavor!
- If you’re short on time, what’s one quick meal that you can grab on the go? I love a ROYO sandwich on the go because it's super easy to make, easy to eat and very nutritious. I'm also a huge fan of fruit and nuts to-go. It's easy and I can always just throw it in my purse.
- What is your favorite thing to make with ROYO Bread? I have many! I love cinnamon raisin ROYO with almond butter, maple chia/flax and berries on top! I also love a classic of cinnamon raisin RoYo with cream cheese - it's a childhood favorite that just hits the spot for me. I also love chickpea salad sandwich with avocado on RoYo - it's simple, filling and delicious!
- Who is your food inspiration and why? My colleague, friend, and fellow RD Carrie Walder @walderwellness. Her food just looks so good! She inspires me with her recipes and I always look at her feed for ideas!
- What’s one kitchen trick that you recommend to your followers? Buy a garlic press- it just makes life so much easier. I also used to have very fancy knives and now I swear by ceramic knives. They make cutting and chopping a joy!
- If you can choose to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Avocado - it's just so nutritious. Avocado's are packed with fiber and healthy fat. I feel like I glow after I eat them!